deer woes

For new members. Let us know alittle bit about you. Where do you live, your outdoor interest and anything else you want to share.
spongernnc
egg

deer woes

Postby spongernnc » 03 Dec 2011, 15:17

Hey everyone. I hope everyone is having a great hunting season. My name is Nick and I live in north carolina. I hope I can get a little help on a trouble of mine. I have a trail cam set up on a spot that has a lot of fresh scrapes and some really nice rubs close by. I havent hunted the stand yet. I have does on the cam everyday in the morning and evening but no bucks. Im using a mix of corn, alfalfa, and a mixture of a few minerals. The temp has been in the mid 60's during the day and in the 30's-to 50 at night. Maybe the bucks are gone or something else I am just not doing right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

omegaman66
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: deer woes

Postby omegaman66 » 04 Dec 2011, 01:52

Don't give the setup a pass without giving it a few a number of sits in both the morning and the evening. Could be some bucks passing by but not in front of the camera. And as the seasons pass the feed changes and deer get shuffled around.

I don't know your setup but the closer the feeder is to the bedding area the more likely a buck will make it there before you get down out of the stand in the evening.

Oh and welcome aboard!
What part of "Thou shall not infringe" do you not understand?

SDDeerSlayer
World line class record
World line class record

Postby SDDeerSlayer » 17 Dec 2011, 09:59

The number one thing to remember with trail cams is.... they only take pics in one direction. Just because they are not on cam does not mean that they are not around.

Scouting is key to getting on your game... don't rely on a camera. Hunt!
Speed is impressive... accuracy is deadly

omegaman66
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby omegaman66 » 24 Dec 2014, 07:55

Hello! Welcome aboard!!! :flubbergif
What part of "Thou shall not infringe" do you not understand?

I make oil
World line class record
World line class record

Postby I make oil » 29 Dec 2014, 01:22

Welcome. :hellogif

Return to “Introduce Yourself”