United Charters Shell Beach Report

Fishing forum - for anything and everything related to fishing! Subjects range from offshore fishing, inshore fishing, freshwater fishing and any kind of fishing I forgot to mention!
Capt. Rory
Take my picture
Take my picture

Re: United Charters Shell Beach Report

Postby Capt. Rory » 11 Dec 2015, 09:58

Great fall fishing at the Beach. It has been a while since I posted any reports, but that does not mean I have not been fishing or the fish have not been biting. It has been a fantastic fall so far and does not look to stop anytime soon. Most days we have been limiting out on Trout along with a variety of other fish stuffing the ice chest to the top. You name it from Trout to even perch have been the norm. Most everything has been caught fishing Campo’s live shrimp 3’ under a cork in the Four Horse and Twin Pipeline areas. The Matrix Shad has also taken it’s fair share. This action will continue so now is the time to get on the water and fill the freezer. I still have several openings through this month and don’t be afraid of January as the bite will keep going on.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Fall fishing is about as good as it gets and Campo’s has live shrimp that the Trout are eating up. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory
Take my picture
Take my picture

Postby Capt. Rory » 19 Apr 2017, 15:51

Time to catch up at the Beach. I know it has been a while since I last reported, and I will try to do a better job with the reports. The fishing in Shell Beach has been great. The early spring has everything starting early and it looks to be a great summer. There are still some Trout in the interior waters, but most of the action is pushing out to the outer bays. Still plenty Redfish in the marsh, but the Bull Red and Sheepshead action in the Sound has been insane when the winds allow. This Monday I fished with Prayson Pate and his son Harrison. They were in town to have some fishing fun, but did not want to keep any fish to take home so catch and release was the plan though I did keep some Trout for the house. We started off on the edge of the Sound and got on good Trout bite of some really nice and fat Trout with live shrimp under a cork. After easily catching their enough Trout we shifted gears and looked for some Reds. We setup in a deep pass and fished with shrimp on the bottom. The guys had a blast fighting the big Reds, catching and releasing a bunch of them. It was a fun day of action with a couple of great guys.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

The Spring bite is getting hot and Campo’s has live shrimp that the Trout are eating up. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

omegaman66
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby omegaman66 » 20 Apr 2017, 00:30

:upgif
What part of "Thou shall not infringe" do you not understand?

Capt. Rory
Take my picture
Take my picture

Postby Capt. Rory » 31 Oct 2017, 18:44

Windy Wednesday at the Beach. Yesterday I ran part of the Jimmy Woods group for Capt. Jakamo. The latest front left behind a chilly morning with lots of wind and a strong falling tide. We headed to a lee shoreline of an interior lake behind Hopedale and were greeted by diving birds and shrimp jumping all over the place. The action was nonstop with lots of throwbacks to weed through, but the keepers were nice. In the mix were a ton of rat reds. We finished up with 125 trout and one keeper red. You just have to love Fall fishing when even on windy days the fish are cooperative.

Fall brings us some of the best fishing of the year. Get your fall dates booked now as weekend dates are few and the others will fill fast. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory
Take my picture
Take my picture

Postby Capt. Rory » 31 Oct 2017, 18:45

Pretty day at the Beach today. I helped Capt. Ed run a bachelor party group. 3 jumped in my boat and the rest with Capt. Ed. They went outside looking for big reds and had fun catching and releasing most and brought back a few with some sheepshead. We hit the marsh for trout and whatever else would bite. Our first stop produced a lot of action. The corks were going own as fast as you get them out, but there were too throwbacks in the mix. We headed a little further south and got on a steady bite of some nice trout. With 75 on ice we headed to the house to clean the fish for their dinner tonight. The guys had a great time and were a lot of fun to fish with.

Fall brings us some of the best fishing of the year. Get your fall dates booked now as weekend dates are few and the others will fill fast. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory
Take my picture
Take my picture

Postby Capt. Rory » 31 Oct 2017, 18:46

Monday meat haul at the Beach for Carl and Jan Tarvin. The morning started off a little chilly, but warmed up nicely and so did the fish. We fished an area close to the house that I have not fished for a awhile and it turned out to be a good move. They both had great time filling up the box with a variety of fish and had a lot of fillets to take home.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory
Take my picture
Take my picture

Postby Capt. Rory » 04 Nov 2017, 19:23

Fantastic Friday at the Beach for the Jim Walther group. After picking the guys up at Jim’s camp we made our way towards Delacroix. We started out fishing where a pass off Oak River goes into a shallow lake. Jim throws out and first bam a solid 3 pound trout was in the boat. The next two trout were just the same. It looked like it might be a monster trout slam, but that was it for there. We worked our way into the lake and got a couple good bites with some nice trout, but not those first 3 pigs. By the time we called it quits we had 80 trout, 3 reds, 2 drum, 1 bass, 1 striped bass and a bunch of sheepshead.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory
Take my picture
Take my picture

Postby Capt. Rory » 07 Nov 2017, 09:06

Saturday fun at the Beach for the Dan Robichaux group of 4. They stayed the night at the First Cast lodge and we got an early start to try and beat some of the crowd. We headed down near Bakers Bay and got on a couple slow but steady bites. I figured it was better to stick out the slow and steady instead of looking for faster action elsewhere with so many boats out on the water. When the action would really slow up we would make a short move or drift and find some more fish to work over. We packed it in at noon with 80 trout, 4 reds, 2 drum, 6 sheepshead, and 3 blue cats on ice. Campo’s live shrimp 3” below a cork was the weapon of choice.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
@CaptRoryRorison
Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Capt. Rory
Take my picture
Take my picture

Postby Capt. Rory » 11 Nov 2017, 07:43

Cold front fishing at the Beach Thursday. I had Don, Robert, and Stan on the boat and we started off a little lat waiting for the rain ahead of the cold front to push through. Definitely chillier and breezier than earlier in the week, but at least it felt actually like fall. We had to work for the fish making several moves picking up fish everywhere we stopped, but just could not get them really going in any one place. Still the guys kept filling the box and ended up with 80 trout and few reds. Not bad for fishing on the tails of a front.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
@CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory
Take my picture
Take my picture

Postby Capt. Rory » 15 Nov 2017, 12:15

Fall fishing is hot at the Beach. Friday I had AG and Sam from Houston on the boat. It was a little chilly with a stiff breeze as we left the dock. We started off fishing under some birds that were working in Lake Amedee. There was plenty of action, but also lots of small trout to weed through. Next then headed further south and got on a slow but steady bite of some really nice trout. We stuck with this till the guys limited out plus a few for me, with some drum and heads in the box too.

Got an opening this Saturday 11-18!!!!!

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
@CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory
Take my picture
Take my picture

Postby Capt. Rory » 30 Nov 2017, 12:33

Fall fishing at the Beach still hot. Another good day for the Jim Walther group of Jim, Ernie, Pat and Tom. After picking the guys up at Jim’s camp we headed south and got on a slow bite of some nice trout, but the bass stole the guys attention when the trout quit. After boxing a bunch of them we made a few more stops before getting on a good trout bite. We called it a day with the box filled with 85 trout, 20 bass, and a few heads. All fish caught on Campo’s live shrimp 3’ below a cork.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Fall brings us some of the best fishing of the year, and we still have some open dates available. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Got several open days left in December!!!!!

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
@CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory
Take my picture
Take my picture

Postby Capt. Rory » 09 Dec 2017, 07:32

Late reports from the Beach. Last Friday I had a fun trip with my old friend Gary. We made one stop in Lake Robin and limited out on trout along with a bunch of bass, a few sheepshead, and 1 red. All caught on Campo’s live shrimp fished 3” under a cork. The next day I helped Capt. Mark run a 4 boat group. We went to where I caught them the day before, but the trout were not as thick, but the ones that were there were bigger than the day before. Still it was nonstop action as the sheepshead were thick out towards the middle and the bass and rat reds were all over the shoreline. We ended the day with only 30 trout, but the box was over stuffed with fish including a big blue catfish. You just never know what you will catch in the Hopedale Marsh.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Fall brings us some of the best fishing of the year, and we still have some open dates available. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Got several open days left in December!!!!!

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com

@CaptRoryRorison

Return to “Fishing”